1. Normally, the "Lineup Card" will be created starting on a Thursday at 9:00 PM Eastern
2. Voting Opens Sunday at 9:00PM Eastern (Conveniently, when the "Lineup Card" is finalized)
3. Voting Closes Tuesday at 9:00PM Eastern
|Thunderdome: Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves!|
4. Similar to Thunder-dome, two (or more) bloggers enter... One (to 3,5,6,7) blogger(s) leaves. But, One Blogger = One entry, even if you have multiple blogs. Make it AWESOME!
6. Additions to the "Lineup Card" should be :
a. Links to an individual post, not a general blogb. New or "recent" postsc. Entrant's Original workd. Linked up with Dude Write in some way
7. Additions to the "Lineup Card" should NOT be :
a. Commercialb. Sponsoredc. Promotionald. Giveawayse. Adult Oriented - See #5
8. Like the title and the mission statement say, you should be a dude.
2. You're going to like some of them. Write a comment. Tweet them.
3. There are some that won't be your style. There will be some that may turn Bruce Banner into the Hulk. Just back away nicely.
|Don't love your peer's post? Back away slowly.|
4. Come back and vote on Sunday night. We encourage you to talk about Dude Write and beg all your fishing, poker, NASCAR, football, writing, church and other buddies to come vote for you. That being said, there are no prizes at this time, so spread the love during that encouraging rah-rah speech.
5. Based on the votes, we will be announcing the top vote getter. This People's Choice award winner will get
6. We will also have a Members Only vote, where the participants of that week's Starting Lineup will get a single emailed vote to determine the Latest Entrant into the Diamond Club - Members Only
7. Each Week, the winner from the previous week's Members Only Diamond Club will get the chance to join our Editors in selecting a Chairman's Choice winner from the entrants.
And Then?There is no more "and then" if you have questions post 'em to Twitter or email the editors.
Dude-tra!(like a mantra, only better)
Read (as many as you can), Tweet (and/or comment on the ones you like), and Vote (for your 3 favorites)
So I Want to Link Up...1. You've got a fantastic post that you want to include in the Dude Write Starting Lineup.
2. Dude Write has a post announcing the Lineup Card.
Now we just need to introduce the two posts!
For your post, you'll need to add our URL in some fashion inside the post. We have buttons, check them out here, but something like the following will work just fine:
I am participating in the Dude Write Starting Lineup this week where you can find some excellent posts by bloggers who happen to be dudes.(Note that the link is to http://dudewrite.blogspot.com)
From the Dude Write post, you should see a link that looks something like this:
You'll click that "Add your link" button which will bring up the next page that looks like this:
Paste your specific post URL in the URL.
The Name as you will want to see it on the grid.
The Email address associated with the blog.
Your Twitter handle, if you have one.
In other inlinkz, participants standardized either the Name or Thumbnail to give a week-in-week-out standard view of their entry. This is not mandatory, do what you like.
NOTE: we will not be collecting your Pinterest id or the number of children you have.This is an image from inlinkz and we will adjust after our first grid.
NOTE: This is another inlinkz image that may not be completely accurate at time of use. We will replace after our first lineup.
Once you've selected your image and cropped it to fit, you may choose to tweet about your entry after you submit it. Select that appropriate checkbox.
Hit Submit. Provided you have linked back, you should be set!
Enjoy the additional traffic and comments.