Welcome to Dude Write!We are thrilled to have you here, whether you are a Writer Dude, a Blogger Dude, a Reader Dude or a Fanatic of good writing. If you've stumbled upon us via a link and wondering what you've gotten yourself into, our Mission Statement should explain it all.
We're not sure if you got Kevin's letter about what he wanted for Christmas. But if you did, we just wanted to let you know that the comments and opinions expressed in that letter do not represent the position of Dude Write members.
So if you could just put aside the whole pedophile thing, we'd appreciate it. Because there's some stuff that we could all use.
- Stephen Battey needs a new pair of pants. Or not. We're not really sure.
- Ken would really appreciate a renovated room. And a new air mattress. And a trampoline, since he has taken a fancy to bouncing around.
- Michael Walker could use some grief counseling after having to put down a mouse. Or maybe a snake.
- Youngman Brown could use some motivation to work out.
- I Blogged Your Mom could use a Candy Land strategy guide. Or maybe some cards to stick up his sleeve.
- Gluttondan would like a new personality. Not necessarily a new one, since his is already awesome. Just a new one to add to his collection.
- The Six-Fingered Monkey could really use a new bar that he could go to that has nicer scenery. If that's too much trouble, a shank should do the trick.
- All D.J. Paris needs is a glass of water to wash down his delicious, guilt-free complimentary lunch.
- Lastly, Daniel Nest
Could use a break from haiku --
Thanks in advance, Santa. We really appreciate it.
And with that, we shall reveal the results.
Our inductee into the Members Only Diamond Club is I Blogged Your Mom for his post "This I Cannot Do," a heartbreaking tale of an underdog who cannot seem to overcome his adversary.
Congrats, and head on over to the Diamond Club to link up!
The latest People's Choice award winner, granted to the person receiving the most votes from our readership is also I Blogged Your Mom for his post "This I Cannot Do!"
Congratulations on the sweep, IBYM!
There are three Chairman's Choice awards this week.
Last week's Diamond Club winner was The Six-Fingered Monkey. He said: "For this week's Chairman's Choice, The Six-Fingered Monkey has chosen "This I Cannot Do," from "I Blogged Your Mom", because I have never seen someone write so poignantly about a game of Candyland. More importantly, he captures the importance of what it is like to share a game with your kid... which is pretty much priceless. Great work."
Your editors also had an opinion this week.
WilyGuy said, ""This week, I'm going with DJ and Today I Ate a Dead Man's Lunch. It is hard to imagine the scenario, but I loved the story."
Youngman Brown said, "My Chairman's Choice goes to Stephen Battey for his post "More on me not wearing pants, and what I plan to do about it," the epic sequel to "I should wear more pants," which is the post that made me love his blog. Perhaps the main reason why I picked his post is because I was not wearing pants when I read it.
Congratulations to all of the new Man Card winners this week. If you didn't get yours this week, come back again on Thursday and try again!